[Harp-L] The best....harp player

Jason Ricci, the best? Come on you guys...we know these are subjective
decisions and I was just trying to get people with no interest in the instrument a
reason to read past the first paragraph....

If it were a sports story, I might have said, "Derek Jeter, who many consider
the best shortstop in the league..."

Or about classical music, "beethoven, who many consider to be the best writer
of the ninth symphony to date.."

yada yada..it's a journalistic technique to show the subject has some
cred...and it's true..many people, based on the walk on water reviews I keep seeing
here, consider mr. ricci to be the best guy out there touring now. Meanwhile,
others think Kim Wilson is the best. Still others favor Mr. Musselwhite. And
don't forget Mark Hummel, Magic Dick Jerry Portnoy, Chris (who must have a
special in with the folks at wikipedia) Michaelek,...yada yada..and every person
sitting in the jam circle at SPAH this year but that would make for a very long
lead in to the story...

jason himself told me he considers Paul DeLay to be better...whatever...I
didn't say he was the best...though, watching him during that Blues Seminar, with
all those other greats up there, I thought I haven't heard anyone else who
could touch him---

thanks..

brad kava,
who some consider the best music critic writing regularly about the harmonica
  in a mainstream publication because he may be the only one doing
so...(stories this year on Musselwhite, Magic Dick, Portnoy, Oskar, Ricci, John Nemeth,
 gary smith, Andy just, rod piazza) No wonder the guitar-playing editor wants
to fire me.