RE: [Harp-L] Miles Davis - So What (mild ob intonation talk)

Eugene Ryan" wrote:
<There are transcriptions out there, probably on the web, and Richard <Hunter has an analysis of the tune in his book Jazz Harp, which has <been mentioned on the list recently.

The analysis of the tune in my book includes a complete transcription of Miles' solo, notated for chromatic harmonica in C.

As I noted in my analysis, it would be pretty hard to play that solo as Miles did on a standard diatonic.

However, you could get pretty close to most of it, turnaround at the end of the first chorus excepted, by using two diatonics -- one in C, and one in Db.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com