[Harp-L] Miles Davis - So What (mild ob intonation talk)

Mike Fugazzi asked;

>What would you use to play a modal tune that goes from Dm to Ebm?<

In fact the majority of 'C' Chroms would do the job,
but I assume you are refering to diatonics.
(So cheat!!!)

The easiest solution to my way of thinking would be;

Either a Hohner Slide harp or a Koch chromatic, both in 'C'
(Does Hering or Seydal make one)
3rd position
Piston out Dm
Piston in Ebm

The aformentioned harps are layed out like a regular tutonic richter plus a
piston to take all the notes up a semi-tone, so, with good ears, you know
where you are at all time.

hope this helps
Mox

P.S. At the moment, after re-listening to Tim Moyers version of Goodbye
Porkpie Hat
I've decieded to experiment with a Paddy Richter tuned Koch.
Has anyone gone down this road already?

http://titanicstringband.free.fr/
http://tinyurl.com/kg9ur
http://tinyurl.com/qqpcb

N'imprimez pas ce message si ce n'est pas indispensable