[Harp-L] jason ricci and bendometer stories from SPAH

Here's a story in Today's   (sunday) San Jose Mercury News, about Jason
Ricci, with interviews done at SPAH...also one on the inventor of the bendometer...

I'm sending the link and hope you'll check it out on the site. It won't cost
anything..and will help convince my mainstream editors that people care about
the harmonica. That's what it's about in the media these days...I'm still
surprised that the Denver Post didn't cover SPAH, but they will be running this
story too.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/15421107.htm

( a teaser:::Road life wearies
By Brad Kava
Mercury News

Special to the Mercury News
Blues harp player Jason Ricci.
*     High-tech tool helps harmonica players hit right notes

DENVER - There are times, like the other night in a motorcycle bar, when the
man many consider to be the best blues harp player in the world looks out at
the audience and wonders what he's doing.

``I don't chase women, I don't drink, and I play an instrument that people
think is a toy,'' says Jason Ricci, 32. ``I'm the last person who should be in a
bar.