[Harp-L] SPAH after shocks......

I was talking with a harmonica buddy over the weekend and he mentioned how
great Buzz Krantz was on the main stage at SPAH.  When I returned from
Denver I elected not to name names and possibly leave people out. As I sit
here tonight I realize that some names just have to be mentioned and
recognized from my personal SPAH experience before time fades away.

Buzz Krantz..Put on a spectacular display of all the things that he does
best. Dressed sharper than a mosquito's pee pee.  Strong and powerful harp
licks dripping with fairy dust from the North Pole. It was so cool to be the
one to introduce the Santa Claus of the Blues. I just love the guy and so do
so many others.

Joe Filisko.. A true harmonica saint in our very midst. Selfless and
powerful..all day long.

SmoJoe... smooth operator and joy to hang with.never heard him blow one note
all week.but I know all his notes are smooth and a joy to hang with.I know
that in time I will hear them..we connected like lost relatives or
something.

Ben Nathanson-. some of the most unique and creative solos in the jams.punch
and tone thick as molasses. I am glad to be in his world

Dennis & Grace Fishette..the king & queen of the SPAH prom..he gets better
with each note he plays..Grace is like a butterfly-cam..she floats around
and takes massive amounts of magnificent pictures..they also adopted me in
KC in '05.not their proudest moment!

George Brooks..power player...inspiring personality.says way outrageous
things about me.and they really make me feel good.

Chris Michalek...all bark no bite..actually an ok guy who backs up all of
his pot-stirring statements with balls to the wall technique and delivery.

Tim Moyer.he don't just customize harps\.... he makes them sound
incredible.serious tone/texture to his notes and runs

PT Gazell. monster of his own domain...I discovered PT stands for part
time.don't push the man...he plays only when he wants to.

Jelly Roll Johnson...100% first class in every respect

Gary Primich..the John Daly of the Professional Harmonica Association.grips
it and rips it.no time for pomp and circumstance

Jason Ricci & New Blood..musical freaks of nature who never stop
working.paying dues that will be rewarded.

Alan Holmes..cool, calm, collected, committed.mega-talent..I missed Alison

Dennis Gruenling.. Top-o-the-heap.accept no substitutes..knows Gina
Fox.hubba hubba hubba

Winslow Yerxa.. Another harmonica saint.blows harp like Gabriel .creating
some very cool arrangements for his posse . a treasure in our community

Jimmy Lee.snowballing big time..getting better and better every
minute.burned his fingers up all week for others.

Bonfiglio..a man for all seasons..pretty "real" guy when out of the
orchestra pit.plays for keeps

The Sardo Brothers..all American all stars of what music is all about.

Dennis & Karen Oellig. set a tone all there own

Tulsa Read..proof that miracles happen..another saint of the tin sandwich

Jimmy Gordon..blew best of show licks all week.coulda been the 5th Marx
Brother..by the way.I played his customs most of the week.I love his work..

Bubbles.sugar and spice.scary and nice.avoid his belly at all cost

Mike Polesky. my new best friend..teaches me cool neato stuff.lets me sleep
in his refrigerator

Mike Rubin.busted out of his shell this year.silly rabbit..major addition to
the process of getting all attendees in full swing.newbies had a pied piper
to led them to the cheese.

Mike Bruce..the perfect roommate...we hardly saw each other.he never heard
me snore cuz I never went to bed! Big presence at those cool bluegrass jams
in the lobby..left the balloons at home this year!

I know I left out a bunch of great people who helped make this one of the
best weeks I ever experienced.please forgive me and know I luv ya all.

2007 MILWAUKEE..yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Warren Bee