[Harp-L] t-blocking

My inane question for the month: when tongue blocking, does the single note play from the left of the tongue or the right? I know it probably sounds silly to many of you but having never done it(except for octaves}, i thought i should at least start on the right foot. Also, does anyone know if Sonny Terry used t-blocking or pucker? I'm kinda going in reverse i suppose but i am suddenly fascinated by all of his music.
                    Thanks,
                          Mike