[Harp-L] In Remembrance

Friends,

I hope everyone will allow me a moment of tribute to my beloved partner, Douglas Tate, who would have been 72 this passing day. Tragically, the world, the harmonica world in particular, lost this supremely skilled artist, teacher, friend and advocate in November last year. Yet, perhaps one comforting consolation is that he had finally begun receiving the widespread recognition and appreciation for his many contributions and achievements that had long been richly deserved.

Please know how very much he shared our common vision for enhancing the respect and development of the harmonica in all its forms, its music and its players, and that his pride in being a harmonica musician was reborn by that sharing and interaction with you, one and all. I also have no doubt that Doug would have surely felt a new, yes, perhaps "golden" age for the harmonica is well within sight, and equally within our grasp.

You truly did inspire him.
Thank you, on his behalf... and mine.

Bobbie
ILUS Harmonicas [1996-2005]