Re: [Harp-L] new boss recorder

"Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> According to the owners manual, recorded files are transferrable
> to/from the unit via USB by drag-and-drop.

perfect.

> They appear to be MP3
> and WAV format.  Not all bitrates are supported for recording, but
> there appear to be a number of options.

for all intents and purposes, i'd only use 16 bit WAV and the highest
bitrate (320Kb?) mp3 for recording.  capture the best quality you can,
and downsample or other wise mess around with it later.  do you know
if it supports variable bit rate (vbr) mp3?

> I'd just as
> soon have something without all that stuff -- that I won't use --
> and focussed more on the recording aspects.

me too.  lower cost, simpler user interface.  "just the bits, ma'am".

> But I do like the form factor and the price!

indeed, that's pretty sweet.  the way prices keep dropping, by the time
i wear out my MD player, i'll get its replacement in a cereal box.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.