Re: [Harp-L] Need wireless recommendation & Shure 545

So here's the typical quandary I think. Suppose you have some favored
lo-z mics such as the Fireball or RE-10 that you use for non-blues,
which all have XLR connections. But you also have something like an
older Shure 545 that's hi-z and used for raunchy blues tone. And you
want to go wireless.

Rather than go through the large expense of having two different
wireless transmitters (one for the lo-z mics and one for hi-z, assuming
you even have a wireless unit like the AKG that can do both hi/lo),
would it be feasible to have the 545 converted to lo-z (they're
switchable, at least the one I have) and XLR so that you can now use
only one transmitter for all of your mics?

I always assume (being still inexperienced) that hi-z is preferable on
the 545 for better blues tone but really that should come from the
element and the impedance shouldn't matter right? Hi-z just makes it
easier to plug into a traditional harp/guitar amp of course since those
expect hi-z. So questions are:

1. When using the 545 wireless as lo-z, would that compromise its sound
noticeably?
2. When then plugging this converted 545 direct into the amp (now using
a lo-hi impedance transformer of course), any noticeable difference
then?

Thanks for any help, just started thinking about this given the
excellent wireless thread. I guess the same question/issues apply to any
hi-z mic.

Bill