[Harp-L] 2 More Greatest Harmonica Shows

Vicki reminded me of the Toots Thielemans/Kenny Werner Duo show in St. Louis at SPAH 1999. Very intimate show for such a big room. We rented a 9 ft Yamaha Grand for Kenny and monitored the sound system (as was done in the ol' SPAH days) for perfect sound. A local St. Louis Jazz Radio DJ was the evening's host, so he pumped up the event all week on the radio. We sold tickets for that evening's show to people outside of SPAH and the show was a sell-out. However, during the poignant moments, you could hear a pin drop in that auditorium. Vicki was moved to tears by the beautiful rapport between Toots and Kenny.

Norton Buffalo does an original project that includes his wife and a few other acoustic musicians. We saw him in the Tampa/St. Pete area in a small Unitarian Church. This was another outstanding musical experience.

The Iceman