[Harp-L] Need wireless recommendation

From: "Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Harp-L] Need wireless recommendation

Tim wrote:

....What would be really nice would be to have a snap-on and a
guitar bug that transmit on the same frequency, so you could have
a single receiver that would work with both the loZ and hiZ inputs.

Vern Smith wrote:

Two separate transmitters on the same frequency would not work.

I'm sorry, I'm involved in a similar discussion on the harptalk list, where I wrote: "You can even get one of each type of transmitter and use them with the same receiver (uh, not at the same time!)."

I failed to make the "not at the same time" distinction here.
My idea was to be able to use *either* transmitter, depending on the
microphone type, in the same amplification chain, not *both*
microphones silmutaneously.

Do you sing and play guitar at the same time?

OK, we'll put aside the notion of simultaneous guitar-harmonica or guitar-vocal transmission. If you use separate transmitters on the same channel, you must remember to turn off one transmitter before turning on the other. A better plan might be to use transmitters on different channels and switch back and forth between them at the receiver. The Sennheiser receiver can switch among four channels.

The Sennheiser "pocket" transmitter can also switch among four channels. I'm not sure about the wireless mic or the plug-on mic transmitter.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

-tim