[Harp-L] Suzuki SCX

I have the Suzuki 48.  It plays kind of stiff even if the valves didn't stick.  That is to say that it doesn't make any sound at all, then suddenly you get a big booming sound.  I have trouble with it on humid days.  I'm a big fan of Suzukis.  I can't bad mouth anything they make too much.  My troubles with it are probably my particular style, lack of experience on a chromatic, and the fact that I live at altitude.

As an aside to your question, does anyone out there have any success with taking the valves out of a chromatic?  Seydel and Hohner both sell chromatics without valves that are identical to models they sell with valves.  I can't imagine bending notes on this beast.  The reeds are far away from your mouth and you have a slide in between blocking the air flow.  I've been told by an expert - Dave Gage - that it is a very bad idea to take the valves out.