[Harp-L] 14 hole Major Cross finished

In reference to retuning his 14 holer
Gary Lehmann wrote ;

>The short part of the long story
is that it is circular, except for the International Breath Direction
Shift,<

I've been working on the not so different project of tuning a G.M. in "C"
for playing specifically in 4th position (Am) with lots of chord work.
The best, & also simplest, solution that I found was to bring 3 blow a tone
to give me the tonic  chord -
3, 4, 5 blow = A, C, E - (Im, Am)
The sub-dominant chord is inherent -
4, 5, 6 draw = D, F, A - (IVm, Dm)
The remaining problem was the dominant chord, Major or Minor?
To keep things simple I chose minor by reversing the, as you call it,
>International Breath Direction Shift <
on hole seven, this became 7 blow = B & 7 draw is a C therefore blowing
holes 5, 6, 7 = E, G, B (Vm, Em)
Other advantages are
1) The Am chord can also now include a b7 where needed
2) Whilst retaining the C major triad a major seventh is now possible
3) The raising of the 7 draw a semi-tone we now have a complete F major
triad.

This last unexpected bonus has opened up the door, for me at least, to
investigating 12th position.
Whats more, the elusive C# overdraw on the 7 hole has now become a relativly
easy overblow!
And yes I am > interested in the finer points of the tuning <
are you 12TETing (hope that doesn't mean somthing rude!!)
as I'm hesitating - (my 19[limit] nervous breakdown)
i.e. Tuning for minor chords - which was my original intention - or tuning
for compatablity with other instruments.
Looking over what I have just written I realise once again I've half
answered my own question : Build two!

Oh well
mo#

http://titanicstringband.free.fr/
http://tinyurl.com/kg9ur
http://tinyurl.com/qqpcb

N'imprimez pas ce message si ce n'est pas indispensable