Re: [Harp-L] RE: Practice In Short

----Original Message----
> If you hate practicing you may be practicing the wrong stuff.  This week
> playing long tones may feel as boring as adding long columns of numbers
(an
> act my mother loved, by the way).  In two months the astonishing beauty of
> practing long tones may suddenly reveal itself to you, and suddenly it's
> the ONLY thing you want to practice.

That reminds me of the story... I don't remember specifics, but Charlie
Parker was coming to town.  A devoted fan was so excited that he found out
what hotel Bird was staying in and by some devious methods he found out what
room he had reserved.  So the fan reserved the room directly below Bird
hoping to hear Bird practicing something wonderful before the concert in a
few days.

Well, all he heard Bird Parker do was play ---  One note  ---  Loooong one
note.  One at a time.  Loooong tone, one note.  No glissando's  No
arpeggio's, no scales... nothing but long one note tones.

go figger.

It's all about the tone!
PEACE
Scott