Re: [Harp-L] Re: Discovered something

Yes, it's the same way for overblows too.

----- Original Message ----- From: "jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 3:45 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Discovered something

I should have clarified that I was talking about blow bends. (But I'm sure the same is true for
draw bends.) It doesn't matter whether you hold the harp upside down or even sideways! I
don't have a harp handy to test it, but I wonder if the same is true for overblows?

Sure its trivial and probably obvious to many here. But after decades of playing harp, I just
discovered that if you turn the harp upside down, you still make exactly the same mouth and
tongue
motions to bend a note. So its really got nothing to do with directing the airstream down even
though it kind of feels that way in your mouth. Doh!