[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 38, Issue 29

I work in the dental field too.
The only way air flowing over the gums will cause problems is if you don't take care of
your mouth in general like not brushing or going for longgg extended periods with dry mouth
. I have sinus problems so I always breath through my mouth.
At 48 I still have all my teeth.

Most harp players on these lists groups know by now to keep water handy while performing. simple cure.
I drink about 3-4 large glasses of water when I'm gigging.

In theory he is correct, but you need to have some serious dry mouth and poor hygiene over a long period for
it to occur.

mike