[Harp-L] Rod Stewart...Blues Harp player and Hoochie Koochie man?

>From a bio of Rod Stewart:

" When he returned to England in 1963, he joined the Birmingham-based  R&B
group Jimmy Powell & the Five Dimensions, as a vocalist and  harmonica player
(emphasis added). The band toured the U.K. and  recorded one single for Pye
Records, which featured Stewart on blues  harp. After moving back to London, he
joined Long John Baldry's band,  the Hoochie Koochie Men.  The group recorded a
single in 1964,  "Good Morning, Little Schoolgirl," which failed to chart and
soon  afterward the group evolved into Steampacket."

.....I never knew any of this about Rod Stewart.. I'm amazed.

.....anyone think he could give Buzz a run for his money?    :)

Elizabeth