[Harp-L] re: Hi a question about chromatics harmonicas

Kevin Duggan wrote:

"I subscribed to this list a while back,
but,
I bought a Hering 64 Chromatic Deluxe Harmonica
<snip>
I was getting a buzz in the lower register
which turned me off.
I was told by some that it was my technique
or the Chromatic needed to be warmed up"

It's the latter, sort of. Hering windsavers/valves are notoriously buzzy. It's a bad design, IMO. This does go away after you play for a minute or two (whether pre-heating the harp would do it is a question I can't answer). It's not technique, and not an isolated case: this happens with all Herings. (not to be too harsh--in general Herings are quite nice, but they're windsavers are not)

If you wanted, you could replace the valves with another material or even stock valves from another manufacturer. But, that's a bit of time taken up, and for all Herings I've owned the problem goes away easily enough as you play.

Hope this helps.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'