Re: [Harp-L] Important harmonica safety warning

Here in Fla we don't wear underwear for 9 mos out of the year. Too muggy. But you DO need talcum powder if you're a guy. Think about it..........bada-bing
smo-joe

On Oct 16, 2006, at 8:46 AM, Mike and Beverly Rogers wrote:

up here, in Maine we wear long johns and don't have that problem.
----- Original Message ----- From: <Blueharp1@xxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 10:15 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Important harmonica safety warning

>From a recent interview with Jethro Tull's Ian Andersen:

Question: How did you develop your famous on-stage persona, such as the
overcoat and standing on one leg while playing the flute?

Ian Anderson: "It came not from playing flute, but actually from playing
harmonica. I used to play harmonica standing on one leg, because you suck more
than you blow the harmonica. And when you suck in those really high notes, it's
good not to be wearing overly tight underwear. Otherwise you get an involuntary
leg-lifting action. You should check it out at home, but make sure you have a
doctor or paramedic in attendance."

'Nuff said.

JG