[Harp-L] Re: Samson H4 Mobile Field Stereo Recorder

Akarsha Kumar writes:
 "This new field recorder became available this month. It retails for  $299.

_http://samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1901_
(http://samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1901)

-  Aki"

Wow,

This thing looks very cool. I'm quite happy with the  Archos  G-mini 402
set-up I got from The SoundProfessionals, but my rig (with a  killer little stereo
pre-amp included ) was twice the cost of the Samson unit.  I'm sure you'd
want to add higher quality mics & maybe a stereo pre-amp to  the Samson, jacking
up the cost, but the multi-track capability & the  bundled software would make
it really useful for a band on the road. You could  use it to record gigs &
rehearsals,  AND put together new song ideas in  the hotel.

Good find, Akarsha!

Later,
Rosco
_may.be  au.gust_ (http://www.maybeaugust.com/)