[Harp-L] Re: Which blues songs support ending violence towards women?

Here's one by Paul deLay who plays some tasty chrom harp in it:

WHY CAN'T YOU LOVE ME
(Paul deLay, Louis Pain)
If you can love someone who treats you wrong
Why can't you love me
Some guy who jives you and strings you along
Why can't you love me
You're gettin' nothing but lies and abuse
And yet you can't seem to cut the guy loose
And all your kindness ain't of no use
Why can't you love me
If you can love a man who's no good
Why can't you love me
Some guy who never never
Treats you like he should
Why can't you love me
He's never done one good thing for you
And I'd do anything I had to do
How can it be so hard for you to choose
Oh why baby
Every time I see you've been crying
It tears the heart out of me
There must be somethin' wrong with your mind
You know you should leave
You've had trouble since the day you met
Now just how bad does it have to get
Just 'cause he hasn't quit you yet
Oh why baby
If I could get you in my arms for a minute girl
Show you how nice a man can be
If I could look you in the eye
And tell you everything's gonna be alright baby
Oh why
(c)1990 French Roast Music (ASCAP),
Bertha Music (ASCAP)