Ray.

--
My Music – www.resgraphics.com/music.html

On Nov 28, 2006, at 8:26 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:02:19 -0600
From: rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] thoughts on amplified harp
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Are there any vintage 9 watt EL84 triode mode amps with a 2X12 cab?
I've got an amp modified to these specs and it works well for rock.

Now that I'm practicing electric, I find if I can keep the sound under
control and consistent then I can hit the amp hard to add intensity
and a little variety. I can play a melody easy and hit the tongue
slaps hard to add percussion to the solo. It also works well to play a
melody and hit the octaves hard. Also if I gradually increase my
volume as the solo intensifies, the sound is compressed enough so
instead of a big jump in loudness,I get this wall of sound distortion.

Having a good amp makes practice time a whole lot more fun.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com