[Harp-L] Stevie fans: another version of "Too High"

I've been slowly working my way through "The Complete Stevie Wonder" from iTunes (579 tracks, $189.99) and landed on another gem last night. Perhaps some of you are already familiar with it, but it was the first time I've heard it. It's a studio version of "Too High" featuring Stevie, Boyz II Men, and guitarist Norman Brown -- really nice arrangement of this classic and great playing all around. It contains both a dueling chromatic solo (reminiscent of the original, but different) and another section with chromatic and guitar trading fours.

Unlike some of the rare cuts on "The Complete..." which are not available unless you buy the whole collection, this one is available for individual download for 99 cents should you are interested. Perhaps the easiest way to find it is to search for "Norman Brown", sort by the "Name" column and look for "Too High". There are three matching cuts, choose the one that has the first artist listed as Boyz II Men.

- Slim.

--
http://www.SlideManSlim.com