Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:42:36 -0600
From: "James Conway" <americonway@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] That Irish Stuff
To: moorcot@xxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Ol' Steve Shaw is a mighty blower of the jig and reel, himself! Thanks for
the kind words, Steve....right back at ya, my English harp-bro! Yeah, these
days with all the babies running around the house, I barely have time to
lurk, not to mention posting!

Wow...Kinsella, Powers, and Epping...that's an Irish harp attack, alright!
To this day,one of the most amazing things I've ever heard, is Rick Epping
blowing neck-rack harp and playing concertina simultaneously. During a tune,
you'll hear him do a bunch of things such as: both instruments playing
melody, harp chords/concertina melody, concertina chords/harp melody,
harmony lines from both, harp drones, concertina drones.......amazing!

By the way, if any harpers are ever in Chicago, come down to the Atlantic
Bar and Grill, 5062 N. Lincoln, on Sundays for a traditional Irish music
session.

cheers,
James