Re: [Harp-L] Here Comes the Bride

bloozeharp wrote:
> My niece's wedding is happening soon and she up
> and decides that she would like for me to do the
> "Here Comes the Bride" part on harp. I'm flattered
> she asked, and of course I'll do it. Anyone have a
> good version they might share?

Last spring my jazz band played a wedding reception and they asked
us to do the wedding march and the recessional.  We arrived early
and set up our gear for the reception, then moved over to the area
where the ceremony was taking place and positioned ourselves to the
side.  We had acoustic guitar, harmonica, high hat and snare (with
brushes), and the bass played played through a Pignose.  I got the
melody part, and I played 1st position on a Paddy Richter, just
simply ran through the melody over and over while the bride came in
from the back.  The guitarist comped on chords, and our drummer
remembered to bring "the magic", one of those sets of chimes of
ascending pitch.

Here's a tab (remember, this is Paddy Richter):

2D 4B 4B 4B
2D 4D 3D 4B
2D 4B 5B 6B 5B 4B 3B 4D 4D 4D

2D 4B 4B 4B
2D 4D 3D 4B
2D 4B 5B 6B 5B 4B 3B 4D 5B 4B

On a German standard tuned harp you'd have to replace the 3Bs with
3D--.

Just make it natural and folksy, it can be very beautiful.

-tim