Re: [Harp-L] Love Me Do - John Lennon

---- Original Message -----
From: "EVedock" <evedock@...>
To: <harp-l@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:15 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Love Me Do - John Lennon

I've always wondered about this harp solo. It's very
do-able with a 10 hole
and on the Chromatic. However, on the 10 hole the
bends are hard to get to
sound loose and relaxed. On the Chromatic it's hard to
get the funkiness of
the 10 hole. On footage I have seen, Lennon appears to
be using a 10 hole
and has a nice loose sound as if he was not really
bending for the notes in
holes 3 and 2. Did he possibly have a 10 hole
specially tuned for that
song? Or what?

Pat Missin has already thoroughly CSI'd this little
tune. I remember playing it with a band once using a
diatonic and it wasn't so hard... I think I might have
used both a C and a G diatonic, but maybe it was all
on a C.

http://www.patmissin.com/ffaq/q29.html