Re: [Harp-L] Love Me Do - John Lennon

I'll bet that the video you saw is lip-synced, another reason why this is an evil practice. The word I've heard is that he uses a chromatic for at least that middle part, you know "Someone to love, love only you..." Do a google search on "Love Me Do" harmonica and you'll come across a quite lengthy article that someone wrote about the harp playing on this song and various related conspiracy theories (i'm pretty sure that smo-jo played it from a grassy knoll during the beatles studio session)

Bill Hines

----- Original Message ----- From: "EVedock" <evedock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:15 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Love Me Do - John Lennon

I've always wondered about this harp solo. It's very do-able with a 10 hole and on the Chromatic. However, on the 10 hole the bends are hard to get to sound loose and relaxed. On the Chromatic it's hard to get the funkiness of the 10 hole. On footage I have seen, Lennon appears to be using a 10 hole and has a nice loose sound as if he was not really bending for the notes in holes 3 and 2. Did he possibly have a 10 hole specially tuned for that song? Or what?