[Harp-L] Re: Music and perception

smokey-joe wrote:

> I did notice that the list of names
> the other day only included Toots on chromo. The other names were ?
> Cotton, Wilson, Piazza, Estrin, Mischo, Ricci, Levy, and others?
> These are ALL basically diatonic players. I get the impression? that
> diatonic players will be less inclined to hold Steevie up as high as
> their own favorites?

Again a question of personal preferences, but I don't see a juxtaposition of diatonic vs chromatic. Both are great when played by a talented musician. And for your information, Cotton, Wilson, Piazza, Estrin and Mischo play BOTH diatonic and chromatic on live gigs and on their recordings. If your point is that a credible harmonica player plays ONLY chromatic, that's fine. But I feel differently. Many of the best players use both d and c, and in some cases during the same piece of music.

Harri