[Harp-L] Rhythm harp inquiry...contains the "P" word!

Disclaimer:

The following post is not intended to start a flame
war about the musical credibility of any musician or
harp player.  The opinions that follow are solely that
of the poster and in no way are intended to be
interpreted as anything but.

That guy who plays harp for Blues Traveler plays some
awesome rhythm parts, IMO.  Does anybody have any
insight as to what/how he does this?  I know he uses a
Leslie effect alot, but I've had a really hard time
trying to learn his B3 like rhythm playing.

Is it partial chords?  Octaves? Chugging?

I think the Leslie effect really makes it hard for me
to figure out.  I've always said one day I'd sit down
and dedicate a lot of time to that style of comping.
Now that I am going to, I don't know where to start!!!

Thanks,

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica

http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Capitalize on your own strengths; develop your own style.
The world needs another harp player doing Little Walter licks
as much as it needs another Elvis impersonator."
-Paul deLay

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited