[Harp-L] Digital Music Ground Control & GCX effects unit

I am interested in trying to create an effects rig using a series of individual stomp boxes.. It would include a Boss DM2 pedal, A Danecho delay (with the Ron Holmes mod), a Boss chorus ensmble, and possibly and EQ pedal. I want to use these specific pedals. I do not want an "all in one" effects box.

I do not want to "daisy chain" the pedals in sequence as it seems to degrade the signal on it's way to the amp ( I guess each pedal sucks a little tone as the signal passes through them?).

I was looking at a guitarist's set up on Saturday night during a gig and he was using the Digital Music Ground Control and GCX system. It allows switching the signal in such a way that it passes through only one pedal at a time.
Does anyone have any experience with the Digital Music Ground Control and GCX system? I notice that it is a MIDI system. Is MIDI a problem with regards to tone degradation / alteration?

Any info on this equipment, or other solutions / experiences with this situation, would be greatly appreciated.