[Harp-L] re: Diatonic-sounding chromatic?

Michael Peloquin wrote:

"I would add to the difference factors:
The distance from the lips to the reed slot is much greater on the chromatic."

An excellent point. I think this all goes to the same trend as the part with the slider. Basically, in a Richter diatonic the reeds have a very direct connection to the oral cavity, whereas it is a bit more buffered in a chromatic.

"Bill Barrett's rawness seems tp come from his use of bends, double- stops/chords and his nasty raw amp/mic tone."

Agreed. That's what I was trying to get at with the example of Dennis, but more detailed and thus better said.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'