Re: [Harp-L] Duets, Diatonic-sounding chromatic?

At 09:40 AM 11/26/2006, you wrote:

Hello List

Can anyone suggest a book of duets for harmonica? I'd be interested in most any style, for diatonic or chromatic, especially if at least one part is fairly easy.

All chromatics sound to me somewhere between the harp sound I love and an accordion!
Which chromatic can sound closest to a Marine Band, or even a Special 20? Is anyone making a chromatic using diatonic reeds?

Although it's just a diatonic, one is supposed to be able to play Suzuki's Pure Harp chromatically just right out of the box. I own a few, but my over draws/bends are weak, so I can only tell you what reviews and there web site says.