Re:[Harp-L] Adjusting reed action on a diatonic

  There is a complete article on reed adjustment including gapping
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/reedadjustment.html

That's a great article, G, nice and down to earth. I particularly empathise with this bit:

QUOTE <<With patience, care and 100% attention. Sober & without distractions.>>UNQUOTE

The two greatest mysteries in harmonica-playing are, first, if you pick up a harp at random and blow it will be the wrong way round, and second, you are playing a harp in the pub, it's 11 p.m., you've on your fourth pint or worse and suddenly your trusty harp that's been playing perfectly for weeks starts to choke on one reed and needs a gap adjustment. There is no feasible explanation. Never regap after several pints in the gloom of the tavern. I know. I've wrecked harps doing it. Always have a back-up harp!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb