[Harp-L] Robert Jr. Lockwood has passed away

Greetings and happy holidays everyone.
I am sorry to report that Robert Jr. Lockwood, stepson of Robert Johnson and major guitarist to Sonny Boy Williamson II has passed away. While he was not a harp player, his style of harp accompament was legendary. In later years, he played the 12 string guitar and developed an invotative style that combined delta riffs with Jazz chord fill-ins. I had the pleaure of meeting him at Buddy Guy's Legends in Chicago of April 2003. At this time he was fronting a 9 piece band and was incredible alert and in total command of his faculities.. He signed my cd's and even gave me a pointer on the correct way to play "Kind Hearted Women" He will be missed
Check out the early Sonny Boy Williamson II recordings (I beleive the Trumphet Label) You will hear Robert Jr. Lockwood backing the harp like its nobodys business.