[Harp-L] Shure 545 repair?

Hi, FJM -

I think many you mentioned can fix the mic if the problem is a bad connection. The connections at the element are fairly weak and the wires tend to fall off, especially if the element gets unscrewed/ screwed from the base repeatedly. If the element itself is bad, then it needs to be replaced. I have a brand new old stock R45 element, still in the Shure box, if you need it. I can also repair the mic if you wish, and have done mods for many 545 owners to change out the connector for something you can still get cables for, install volume controls, etc. You can see examples on my site http:// www.blowsmeaway.com/micmods.html

Cheers