RE: [Harp-L] Hole 2 draw on a C harp

Michael,

This kind of relates to your post and it may help some.

All these years and to my absolute surprise, Jimi Lee told me that I was slightly bending my 2 draw and then Winslow told me as well, although it was still the G note it was slightly on the bright side.  For a short time I  found that my throat etc. has a much  easier time if I blow the 3 slightly bright to match the pitch, but that's not the way it should be and so I'm fixing that.
 I've developed the muscle memory of slammin my tongue too far to the palate.  I developed this bad habit hittin' the B too sharp to help audibly differentiate the B flat.  Now by practicing the correct way I find it's so much easier to not sharpen the B when bending down to get the flatted B right on.

The chromatic tuner has helped me see the slight pitch changes and my ear can match up to this for a more rounded recovery.

steve
www.thunderharpmics.com

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com