Re: [Harp-L] 2 draw woes

Bob Cohen wrote:
One of my students can't seem to produce a clean G note from the 2
draw hole on his C harp.
<snip>

This may sound stupid, but...

I often found (and still do -- I'm still suffering from rookie
problems) that if I was struggling to get a note right and all the
usual advice (drop the jaw, breathe from diaphragm, etc.) wasn't
helping, holding my nose often works wonders.  Sometimes  I just find
that I'm leaking air through my nose and fixing that helps me
concentrate on other stuff.

It's doesn't fix the problem in itself, but has on a few occasions
helped me identify what to work on and get me over a bit of
frustration when it "just ain't working."

Rob