Re: [Harp-L] If the song is in B minor can I play an E harp in 2nd position?

I can't see what the problem is with  Blow 3, 5, and 8. As far as I can
see, these are, respectivley, B, G# & G# again. Since the tune is in B,
Blow 3 is OK, and a 6th (G#) is a very cool note in a minor scale. I
might be a bit stupid after a late night, but that's the way it looks to
me. As for playing in 3rd position (B minor on an A harp) as Winslow
further reccomends, my only comment would be: what is the band playing
for the IV chord? Is it minor or major? If it's major, I'd go with th A
harp, but if it's minor, I'd be looking at a G harp. Hope this helps
more than confuses!
RD

>>> "Nate in the Blues Room" <thebluesroom@xxxxxxxxx> 17/11/2006
10:11:42 >>>
Hi and Thanks Winslow,
So are you saying with regard to playing an E harp that I need to
always bend hole three down in order to get the B minor feel?

Otherwise the B minor chords, the ones which you've pointed out, will
do ok too.

Cheers,
Nate