Re: [Harp-L] Tuning a Koch or Diatonic slide harp to Major Cross

You might consider the Hering Vintage 40 as an alternative.  Better
quality instrument to start with.  Or you could get something from
Brendan Power, like a CX-10, tuned however you like, depending on
how serious you are!

-tim

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary Lehmann" <hqr@...>
wrote:

Hi Harpists-
I am enjoying the Major cross tuning a great deal, but wonder about
the
missing notes-I have had some success filling in the blanks with OB
and also
by valving some holes, but since I am adventurous, I am thinking
about
acquiring a Hohner Slide harp or the Koch to retune.
Anyone want to talk me out of this? Any advice?
It would be fully chromatic, but would also have the I, IV and V
chords.
These are not cheap and don't seem to be discounted either. Of
course, they
are less than a regular chromatic.
TIA for your thoughts.
Gary