Re: RE: [Harp-L] RE: help with trance blues harmonica

Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i had not heard the term "trance blues" before this thread.
> there's a pretty good (i guess) description of it at:
> http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews/t/treanordan-african.shtml
> at least it matches pretty well what i hear from RLB.

I was not familiar with the term "trance blues" either but I assumed that it
was essentially North Mississippi Hill Country blues.

> i'm curious.  which ones?

The other song from Down at the Juke that I think fits into this category is
Can't Close Your Eyes.

Thanks for the link to "goin' down south".

Gus