Re: [Harp-L] Rob Paparozzi Letterman

Thanx to ALL for the nicest emails about my performance with George Jones, I
appreciate y'all stayin' up late!,-)

It was a blast and HONOR for me to accompany such a Country Music Legend on
National TV here in the US.

The licks I played were straight off of a Live recording they provided me
with and I was instructed to ONLY play those parts.

I'm not sure who the harp player was on the recording either, maybe one of
the guys in his touring band?

The song started in F with me only do some light fills on the 2nd verse, I
was dying to play thru the modulation to F#, but the record had the pedal
steel covering the rest of the fills .....

It's VERY important when you get a gig like this that you follow the
instructions of the Artist and/or Musical Director, they know you capable of
bigger and better things, but sometimes a simple part is all that is
required,-)

*On a funnier note, when I walked out to get on stage during the commercial
break, the band was jamming on "Honky Tonk Woman" in G and Paul Shaffer
looked at me and said Rob "take it!"......Since I only came out with my Bb
harp (not prepared to play in 11th? position on National TV), I nodded a big
polite No Thanx and since Paul plays a lil' harp, he knew what was up and
smiled back and winked,-)))....Where's Howard when you need him!,-)

Love & Peace,
Rob