Re: [Harp-L] Good workplace songs?

Ansel Barnum <barnum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When my company announced it would be holding an employee talent show,
> the musically inclined in my group thought we'd seize the opportunity to
> make fools out of ourselves. Any suggestions for germane songs that
> wouldn't get us fired?

the first one to come to mind is "big boss man".  but your boss may not be
happy with the lyrics.  you could, however, take a whack at writing some of
your own verses to it, that were both relevant to your own organization, and
funny to boot.  likely to be a crowd pleaser.

i was at a jam once where the host band's front man had a bunch of people
from the office in the audience.  he was very good at making up blues lyrics
on the fly, and he sang a long impromptu blues that had a verse about everyone
in attendance.  they loved it.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.