Re: [Harp-L] help with trance blues harmonica

Otis Taylor, for one, started to use the term "trance" blues several years ago to describe his music.  Check his website www.otistaylor.com for more info.  Seasick Steve is another one who mentions the style of music he plays as 'three string trance"  Steve is a riot to watch.  It all originated from North Mississippi hill country music made famous by RL Burnside, Jr. Kimbrough and company.  Very fun to play and drives the audience mad since they are not used to it because there are no chord changes.  You can work in some very chilling harp solos that are down right spooky!