Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Chris Michalek update

Haka harri writes:

"Chris has been an added spice to the list in the sense that he has  always
been straightforward with his opinions. I have never met him in  person but
have had some interesting offline debates with Chris. I hope he  returns soon
with his comments. It's list-members like him who make this  all the more of an
interesting daily read.
Harri"

....couldn't agree more Harri.  Like you, I had many interesting  offlist and
Buddha's Groove discussions with Chris....finally meeting him  at Denver
SPAH, 2006.  He was as funny and irreverent in person as  I'd always thought he'd
be...teasing me about a particular Scots  pronunciation. I felt very
comfortable yakking with him, enjoying his band  at Jason's Harp Blow Off, and then
hearing Chris playing incredible  diatonic jazz along side George Brooks
(the only diatonic players in a decidedly chromatic leaning  atmosphere).  Of
the chromatic players there, I know Smo-Joe was  impressed by Chris...(me
too, but I'm no great jazz chromatic  player.)  The teasing he does here on
Harp-L is many times taken out  of context.

I'm with Mike and you....Chris sure doesn't need Harp-L, as much as  this
forum is just not the same without his "speecy-spicy" <G>  input..so if he's
taking care of business, I hope he returns soon to spice  things up for me as
well.  I've been here for two years and not  noticed any pattern of "flame-outs"
with Chris.  I do remember  him being rather ill and unable to play for a
while....so to reduce a  human being to someone's idea of a silly "pattern" seems
to be quite  the height of insensitivity, whether or not he's again going
through  something similar ....

Elizabeth