[Harp-L] Harp Player Arrested

If you want evidence that the government exists to serve the super rich,
 this is it.  The government can keep track of your tax depreciations for
 40 years, inheritance for one lifetime and 21 years, patents for 20 years,
 etc.  But where copyrights are concerned it is a lifetime and 70 years in
 the U.S. and the European Union, only lifetime and 50 years in Canada.
 Sooooo  70 years after the last Beatle dies, if these maga-millionaires
 families squander all their money they will still be legally entitled to
 royalties.  Preposterous!  No one is going to know what their heirs will
 be doing with their money 70 years after they die.  These laws are meant
 to protect the copyright industry from allowing the people to enjoy
 uncopyrighted works.  So we have to pay copyrights to someone no matter
 what we enjoy.  These turkeys are going to sell all their copyrights before they
 die anyhow.  A mere mortal can only sell his labor for 50 years or so
 before his mind and body break down.  But with political patronage you can
 extend that quite a bit.