[Harp-L] haiku-ode to Tim Myer, harp customizer

dateline:  1:45 am, tokyo
situation:  drunk.
reading:  Tim¹s sayonara letter...... again.

Ode to a harp-l customizer

deja-vu:  Tim has written this letter to Harp-l
several times over the past 10 ten years.
I don¹t blame him.

maybe not as much as he, I just can¹t understand it ­
it being the harp player/customer.
in my mind, I see a harp-l list filled with an
excited, energetic, starry-eyed, devoted, slightly obsessive,
and very psychotic bunch of folks who indulge heavily the harp into their
lives.

and for the diatonic folks, we are talking about a $15-$20 deal.

it strikes me odd.  does it not anyone else?

Tim is funny b/c he understands the mathematic of the human brain
relative to his now defunct business better than I ever could.
I tried to sell his excellent products in Japan.
after testing, trying, playing using Tom¹s harps, the typical response-logic
I got?:

   ³these harps are great!  but if I have end up relying on them (only),
     then I will never be able to play out-of-the box harps again.²

this sort of flawed reasoning me sickens me.
no, don¹t let me play pool with that nice decent cue
because I may have to one particular day play with a
warped, chipped, cracked-ferruled, split butt, tipless house cue,
and that might end up hurting my game.

Tim, I think this Is the 3rd time you have retired.
each time you hung up your tuning fork, I though it was it, and it wasn¹t.

who knows what the future holds?

all the best,

-sg
tokyo