[Harp-L] Filisko and Noden: Live!

I ordered Filisko and Noden's CD from Bluebeat on Thursday last week
and had it on Saturday.  It was only $15 with shipping.  Works for me!

Quick review:  If you like "old time" harp and blues, get this CD.
Hmmm...  Correction, if you like the harp, get this CD!  It is great!

I have seen these two twice now in person and they did an excellent job
capturing the sound and "feel" of the live music.

If you have never seen Eric Noden play the guitar, you may not understand
what I am about to say next: I love the percussion!  (OK, for those that
have not seen him, he is just about the most enthusiastic foot "tapper"
I have ever seen!  I would get tired and lost if I tried it!)

There are three "bad" things about this CD:
- the crowd was way too small.  These guys deserve more.  But then
  again, it is more intimate that way....
- Eric does not play the piano on the CD.  Very good boogie woogie
  player!  That does not fit what they were trying to do, so I will
  let it slide.
- I am fairly certain now that I need to work on that chugging old
  timey sound.  I think that is what my soul wants to play.  Yay, more
  time in the wood shed!  I just hope that harpie, jr. likes harmonica
  once she is here in, yikes!, less than a month!

My hat is off to Joe and Eric!  I hope there are more to come!!

jaime
--
\----------/ viehweg.net |