[Harp-L] Shure 545 in a bullet shell

I remember some-one asking whether this could be done or not.

The short answer is yes, I modded one for a friend and fellow listmember a
while ago, fitting it in a JT30 shell... I loved the sound so much I had to
get one for myself.

I bought one very cheaply off a guy who claimed it was not working and you
know what... he was right! He had tried to screw the top off and in so doing
had severed both the tiny copper wires that connect the coil and diaphragm
to the Xformer. Anyway to cut a long story short, after hours of painstaking
micro-solder-surgery I managed to get it going again and placed it in a
"chopped" Astatic 200 shell. It looks, feels and sounds great!

My question to you hardened 545 users out there is this:

Do any of you ever use this mic straight into the PA, and if so do you
rewire it to low impedance or is it okay to keep it on HiZ straight into the
board?

I may wire an impedance selection switch onto this baby anyway but I'd love
to get feedback on how others use this mic through the PA.

Thanks

Dave Ferguson