[Harp-L] ThunderHarp amp review

In a word: Wow! As a result of this list and some research into a modestly sized and priced amp I was led to Steve at ThunderHarpMikes.com. Actually I had an old Brown Shure bullet that I wanted chromed so I sent it off to Steve after some e-mails back and forth. He changed the element and had it flawlessly chromed for me. The mike now has a terrific and distinctive low end to it. It's married to my Rod Piazza modded acstatic and sits atop my new 18'' by 20'' Thunder amp. The amp has a LOUD 10 inch Weber inside that you can push to around 9 without feedback when the tone is up and beyond that to 12 when the bass is maximized. I played with a full band last night and a friend of mine said the amp cut through the other instruments like it was cutting through blue smoke, i.e., it was very very distinctive and punchy. We were all miked to a pretty relative volume. I added a soft Maxon analog delay to it but it really wasn't necessary. I have a couple of little tone machines: A kalamazoo and an outrageous 50's Magnatone but Steve's (aside from being big brother sized) amp has so much more fire. Over the time Steve developed the Shure for me and during all e-mail correspondences surrounding the amp he was generous and informative. The packing and instruction and money back guarantee were all very unambiguous. There is nothing as lousy feeling as being on a stage with raging guitarists who have all the tone while I anemically try to punch through with a trivial amp. From large amps like Sonny Jr's and HarpKings to small packages like the HarpGear.com Champ we have some toneful choices. For a modest size with a monster tone I have to advocate for Steve's ThunderAmp. There were some smiling people in the audience last night that are taking the harp a little more seriously today. No affiliation with Steve just a value to acknowledge talent and generosity. dennis (nyc)