Re: [Harp-L] re: names

Among many other things JR "Bulldogge" Ross wrote:

To each their own, of course, but even given that, I don't see
"journeyman" as a good name.  I'm not sure what would be, but that's
why I wouldn't go with a name  in the first place.

For the entry level model of line of customized harmonicas I think
"Journeyman" is a very appropriate name.

From wikipedia:

"A journeyman is a tradesman or craftsman who may well have completed an apprenticeship but is not yet able to set up their own workshop as a master"

The "Journeyman" also opens up the possibility for several related
names.  There are two classes of journeyman, the journeyman improver
and the journeyman proper.  There is also the class of Apprentice that
is below Journeyman.  Then there is the slang of Jack or Knave.

To pick nits , which seems to be what this thread is about, I would
think the "Artisian" is the one that is misnamed.  It appears to be a
very similar to the Journeyman but with wood combs.  The "Artisian"
should be reserved to the top of the line. but since it was named
before the journeyman, what can you do.

It could have been a WHOLE lot worse.  I have cheap harmonica here
named "Johnson." Imagine aksing a band mate to grab your johnson for
you....

Paul